Friday, July 27, 2012

Recent Events... :)

I didn't exactly follow my "post every day" goal, but I'm okay with that.  I can live with myself. :)
I will catch you up on what's been going on with the Story family since then.

The FASA final performances went wonderfully.  We ended up having two performances, one for video only and one for the public.  They both went great, everything felt smooth and relaxed.  It really paid off to start blocking everything/tech rehearsals so early in the week!

Drew and I had a great time at FASA; we befriended many and got to work with some amazing musicians!

After FASA we moved into "Shalom Chalet."  And it has been just that: shalom.  We're talking whole days of knitting for me and tone-exploration for the Husband.  We have thoroughly enjoyed cooking meals together, experimenting with recipes...  I am so blessed by Drew's music; it is positively (and literally, in my opinion) Heavenly. :)

I have been reading a book on the life and message of the Mahatma Gandhi; it is SO inspirational.  On top of that, I read a book called "Heaven and Back" written by a doctor who died, experienced a taste  of Heaven, and was sent back to Earth.  This book has totally changed my outlook on some things.  Some people might think it is hokey, but they can just think that I guess.

Wednesday we drove to Nashville to see our good buddy James DaSilva play in a Brazilian band at The Listening Room Cafe & Bar.  It was so much fun to see James play, and to spend special time with my Man. :)

Yesterday Drew and I made dinner for my parents; it consisted of our special Salmon recipe, red bell peppers fried with egg in the middle, herb/tomato rice, and crescent rolls.  Again, we LOVE cooking. :)  And today we came to Nashville again to see "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (which I cried through the entirety of) and to eat dinner with cousins Jordan and Lexi.  Now we are at Fido in Nashville sipping on cappuccino and I am filling in recent happenings.

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment